Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

More False Labor Fun...

So what I thought would be the day that my daughter would arrive, ended up not to be so. My contractions started at about 10am yesterday and continued to get closer together until about 4pm. They decided to take a little break and were really random. But they started back up around 7pm and were about 5min. apart and lasting for about 50sec. I called the doctor and he told me to monitor them for another couple of hours to see if they got longer, stronger and closer together. They did get to be about 4-5min apart and lasted for about 65sec. While they weren't causing me what I would call "pain" I was getting steadily more uncomfortable. So I called in again, Dr. Cook wished me luck, and Dan and I set off for the hospital at about midnight. Of course once we got to the hospital and I was in bed the contractions stopped! I got up to walk around and rock in the rocking chair and they started back up again. However, every time I laid back down they stopped.
For some good news: I am now 3cm. dilated, 100% effaced, and what they call completely "ripe" meaning my cervix is as soft as the inside of my cheek and has moved into position for labor and delivery. So my body is COMPLETELY ready to go.
On the other hand: Aiden, who was at -1 on Monday is now back at -2. She just doesn't want to come out... I don't get it. My body is completely ready for labor and delivery, but she is determined to stay. The nurse said they won't even consider induction until she has dropped due to concern about the umbilical cord... not that I'm looking to be induced yet. But if this keeps up for another couple of weeks I will be.
I'm just so uncomfortable and ready for her to be here (and I know I'm not exaggerating as every medical professional I've met with just keeps telling me how sorry they are for me as well as using the "you poor thing" look and speech). However, I've decided I'm not calling the doctor for anything unless my water has broken or I'm in so much pain that I can't focus. Walking out of labor and delivery without a baby was just so depressing, even thought the nurses were really nice and sympathetic. I'm NOT doing that again. Next time I go in, I am getting my baby one way or another!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaauuuggghh!! The wait is killing me!!!!

    Of course, I'm sure it must be just SLIGHTLY worse for you... :D

    -Lils

    ReplyDelete