Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

An evening of false labor...

Well, we can at least say that last night was... "eventful". I was at work until about 5:40 yesterday and had a couple of contractions in between 5- 5:30. I've had contractions at work before. So no big deal. I left a little early because we only had one kid and everything else was done. Brittany and I were joking around about how funny it would be if I went into labor tonight (this stemming from a conversation about the contractions).
I got into the car to go home, talked to my mom on the phone, picked up a salad, and went home to enjoy a nice healthy dinner, a glass of water, and some "feet up" time. All through this, I'm having the occasional contraction.
After this had continued for about two hours, I figured I should probably start timing them. They were coming every 10-20minutes and last about 30-50sec.
I called my parents to see what they thought. I just hate calling the doctor and seeming paranoid about everything. They suggested that I wait a little bit and see how things go. At about 9pm, I talked to the doctor who suggested that I take some Tylenol and have a warm bath and if the contractions started coming more frequently, to call. So I took the Tylenol and the bath for about an hour and felt better. About 15min. after I got out, they started again. This lasted until 12:30 when I decided that I should try to sleep, just in case this was real and I would be having a baby in the 24hours.
Well, I didn't wake up to any contractions and I haven't had any this morning. So apparently it was a false alarm. I did, however, finish packing the hospital bag and get the crib put together... as well as shave my legs. I figured... if I'm going to have a baby, I might as well shave my legs. I'm not going to get to for a while whenever Aiden does finally get here. So I might as well take advantage! Haha!
Anyway... So I guess we'll see what today holds. The doctor said to go ahead and go to work and see what happens. If it happens again, I'll go in a little early and get checked to see if I'm dilated.
In the mean time, I've kicked things to into high gear to make sure that everything is ready whether she makes an early debut or right on time. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment