Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Closer We Get- I Just Can't Help Thinking About...

It's absolutely amazing how close we are to meeting our little girl! I can't believe that she could arrive any day. In so many ways I feel unprepared and in so many ways I'm definitely ready. So the closer we get, there are certain things I keep running over in my mind. I know that if I don't write them down, I will never remember everything I was thinking (with the way my brain has been, I can't believe I got it to remember them this long!). So here we are:

What I'll Miss:
-Feeling strange alien kicks at random times throughout the day and night
-Watching my belly "roll"
-Dan touching my belly and smiling fondly
-Hearing Aiden's heartbeat
-Feeling her pick up movement when Dan reads
-The kids at work feeling my belly and saying/asking completely innocent and adorable things (ie. How did she get in there? Is she sleeping? Why are you having a baby? My mommy's baby is hiding too. I don't have a baby in my belly. )
-How easy it is to take her to places that I want to go
-Gaining weight without feeling too guilty
-Compliments on the glow and my beautiful belly
-Random people smiling fondly at me when I walk through the grocery store, work, etc.

What I Won't Miss:
-Leaking (from everywhere, you mother's know what I mean)
-The inability to get up and down without help
-The inability to tie my shoes or roll my pant legs
- The lack of curves
-Being randomly nauseous
-Crying for no reason (I know that won't stop for a few weeks... but I still won't miss it once it's gone!)
-Being afraid of falling
-Forgetting everything/walking in a daze
-People being afraid to ask me to do things

What I'm Looking Forward To:
-Seeing my daughter for the first time- As mucus covered, purple, and cone-headed as she may be
-Holding her
-Watching Dan with her (he's going to be such a great father)
-Seeing everyone's reactions for their first meetings with her
-Midnight feedings (I'm sure I won't be saying that later, but I'm really looking forward to her needing me... even in the middle of the night!)
-Going for walks
-High heeled boots!!!
-Reuniting with my feet!
-Introducing her to Caina
-Watching her grow (Again, I know I may change my mind about that one... they grow so fast. But I can't wait to watch as she hits all of her milestones)

No comments:

Post a Comment