Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

I Got a Little Monkey for New Year's!


After Christmas this year, we went to see my some of my family. My cousin Jim and his wife Betul flew in from Turkey for the holiday season and it was nice to see all of them. I think I probably gained 20lbs just from entering my Uncle Herb and Aunt J.J.'s door, but it was all worth it. Betul brought beautiful shawls and an adorable jacket for Aidie that her mother knitted. They are so pretty and I've got to get out a thank you note, as well as some pictures!
We had a very quiet New Year's this year. With a baby parties are a little out of the question... so we saw a few friends we haven't seen in a while, opened a bottle of wine (still half full- see how much we drink!) and wished each other happy New Year at 6 min past. LOL! Although our celebrations may have taken a bit of a change, it was great to see old friends.
We also had Daniel's grandfather's birthday celebrations this past week. Several of his aunts, uncles and cousins came over. It was nice to see all of them as many of them hadn't met Aidie yet. It was very fun introducing her and Dan had a fantastic time playing poker which, with me not playing, he won!
To end off the charming post, I have to comment on my daughter's recent doings. First, her hair has decided to grow at an outrageous rate and now must be put into pig-tails to keep it from being in her eyes. She has also started climbing on everything. I turned away for two seconds the other day and there she was climbing the baby gate. Definitely her father's genes. I was never this much of a handful until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment