Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Sickly Week

This past week has been, for lack of a better word, eventful. Aidie had her first real bout of illness- complete with fever and vomiting. It was awful. I hated seeing Aidie so miserable. I was out of work all week (including today) to nurse her back to health. Today is the first day without a touch of fever! Thank goodness! I was starting to be a little nervous it would never go back to normal. The great thing is that she has been so wonderful throughout the whole thing. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful child. Still a big smile and laugh for littlest things even with a stuffy nose and high temp. What a trooper!
While I thought she may have developed a dislike of Cheerios without giving them a chance, she has changed her mind. Today, she decided that they weren't too bad after all!
We also did Aiden's first maple syrup experience. Saturday we went over to Mark and Kathy's to help put together jugs and collect the first samplings. Aidie got her very first taste of sugar maple water. She thought it was pretty cool! Unfortunately, we were supposed to attend the actual syrup party the next day and Aidie came down with a fever while we were there! So we had to leave rather early. Very sad, as she was getting a chance to play with a baby friend, as well as Uncle Matt and Megan. Maybe next time...Exploring the tree spout

Daddy teaching Aidie how it's done!


Aidie's first taste of Sugar Maple water... a Wisley tradition!


Helping Mommy hang up the jug.


We also have an accident update. My husband's cousin was saying in her blog that she had her first parenting fail with Ella busting her lip. Well, I guess today was out turn. I was on the other side of the counter from Aiden making up a bottle when *CRASH* she turned over her push toy and blood was pouring out of her mouth. After some clean up I discovered a slight cut on her gums by her top right tooth and a busted lip. Poor thing is swollen but taking it great. I finally got her to chew on a icy teether and it took down the swelling a bit thank goodness! It looks awful. I feel so terrible, but I guess it has to happen to every kid at least a few times. With as independent as she is, I'm surprised this is the first major incident.
Talking to her reflection... she sure loves that little girl!

Aiden loves her magnets!

Cheerios may be good, but duck is better!

Hanging out with mommy after our lip incident... so brave!

She had the best time roll the water jugs across the floor! Why we buy her toys, I do not know!

No comments:

Post a Comment