Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

She's 1 Month Old!!!



I can't believe that my little girl is a month old already! So much has happened in such a short time, and, yet, I feel that we just got home from the hospital yesterday. She is already doing so much.
-She is holding her head up so well these days that we hardly need to support her anymore.
-She has also just grown out of her first newborn romper (only in length, not girth- she's still a skinny little thing!).
-She is talking up a storm! She babbles to herself in the car and before we get out of bed to get her when she wakes up and pretty much any other time she isn't crying or have a pacifier in her mouth. Speaking of which is another blessing: I was so against giving her a pacifier because, as a nursery caregiver, I know how difficult of a habit it can be to break. Although we have been giving her a paci for two weeks now, she isn't really attached to it. She spits it out when she's had enough and refuses it when she doesn't want it. We laugh about her having a love affair with her paci, but I guess we should just call it a casual fling- as she just uses it for when she wants it and then throws it away.
-We haven't been able to get her to roll over again, but she has come close a couple of times. She is good about getting onto her side, but getting the rest of the way to the tummy takes some leg coordination that she hasn't quite mastered. But she'll be there soon. She is SO strong!
After two terrible sleeps these past two nights, we finally had a VERY GOOD one. I got my first solid 6hours of sleep since I napped at my parents house when she was just a couple of weeks old. It was amazing! Of course after she woke up that's how she wanted to stay. So I only got about 30min more sleep after that... oh well. At least we're progressing.
On another note- my class officers have scheduled an unofficial class reunion for this June to celebrate 5 years out and to reminisce and all that jazz. I can't believe that we have been out of high school for five years. Wow! Time really flies. I'm sure the next five will be even faster, seeing as we have someone to keep our hands full nowadays.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get Faythe's shower pictures up soon. I got some really good ones. I'm so excited! I can't wait for the wedding. Only two more weeks!!!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are SO CUTE! You can tell my Aiden's face she loves you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember vowing that I would NOT go to my class reunions. Now I'm not sure if I still maintain that stance, but atleast I can say that I didn't go to my first class reunion, so I kept my promise somewhat.

    ReplyDelete