Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter and My Little Popsicle Eating Fashionista

Our Easter was uneventful but fun. Unfortunately Aidie has been recovering from some digestive issues over the last week or so and we couldn't make the trip to Uncle David's house. That left us with out the mushroom hunt :-( However, we did go have dinner with my parents and Dan's parents (yes we got them all together!). And Aidie had a jolly good time receiving all of the things the Easter Bunny had left at a bunch of different places. Due to all of the rain, we did not go out to hid Easter eggs. We just put them in her basket. I also realized that we didn't have any pictures taken with the Easter Bunny... which I suppose is just as well as a giant rabbit actually seems like a frightening idea for a close encounter with a small child experiencing yet another bout of separation anxiety.Look at her going for the basket as if to say "no way doggy. That's for me!"


Diving right in and going straight for the eggs. Those things look pretty cool...


Mmmm... tasty contents (we opted for healthier alternatives (melts and puffs).

Now for my fashion show pictures. Well, I shouldn't really call it my fashion show, as Aidie selected the wardrobe. So cute. She keeps picking out all of these really adorable things (dresses- so the outfit is pretty simple) and I love it!
Here she is modeling a pink tunic with brown straps and wooden buttons. She is wearing no and is styling a windblown curly hair-do. She is playfully grabbing a video game controller.



Here is modeling her birthday dress. Again, wearing no shoes, but is playing with Mommy's shoe. Today she is styling her hair in a top knot.



This time Aiden chooses to model a jean skirt, coral shirt, pink socks, black patent shoes and a blue hair tie. Pulling this look together in a "you would think I just grab and go wouldn't you?" sort of style. She is holding Mommy's car keys.


I call this the "Get Away" picture. She grabbed my keys. She grabbed my phone. And then she ran over to the trike and started banging away at it. TOO FUNNY!

On another note, we have officially switched pediatricians to one I think will better suit our views and needs. I feel much more comfortable and confident right now and have heard really great things about this one. Here's hoping!
Also, Aidie is having her last week at daycare next week. On top of the fact that my students are dwindling, I just can't stand putting her in daycare anymore. She screams. She cries. And her good days vs. bad days are about 50/50. I just can't do it to her anymore. So I'm going to tutor in the late afternoon/evening right after Dan gets off to compensate. Not having to pay daycare will probably about compensate sadly enough. I figure we will find some play groups, library readings, go to the park, zoo, etc. Hopefully, I will find a job and wherever I do, there will be a daycare/nanny/something that will make her feel more comfortable being away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment