Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our First Thanksgiving




Before we had Thanksgiving, we thought we would see if Aidie was up for feeding herself. We tried out some yogurt melts (normally I don't like the thought of giving Aidie milk milk before 1yr. old, but we wanted to see what she can handle eating). By picking up her food with her thumb and forefinger, she has officially passed all of her 12month goals... WOW!!! How does she keep doing this. She is outstripping the charts and I can't even catch a breath before she does something else completely amazing. Well, when she graduates from MIT at 16...
The other part that we hadn't tried until a couple of days ago was handing a toy on command. She also does this pretty well. But beware, she is rather stubborn!
Thanksgiving was pretty fun. Unfortunately between lunch and dinner is nap time for Aidie. So we missed out on a chunk of the socializing. The bit that we got made for some super photos. We got to spend time with so much family! It is always so nice getting everyone together.
We brought home all of our Christams decor from my parent's house today. So we will hopefully be decorating soon. Those pictures to follow hopefully some time this week. I have been reorganizing the whole living room to make it more baby friendly and Christmas try friendly. THIS IS A TOUGH JOB! I can't believe how much she can get into now that she is crawling and pulling up. Nothing is safe on the lower shelves! I need more high shelves!
We are also officially done nursing. Aidie has spent the past three nights going to bed with bottle only. First night was hard. After that she went very easily. It's harder on me than her I think. I miss it terribly, but I know it was pointless to keep trying. There was nothing to give her anymore. We will just move her to solids as quickly as possible to get her off the formula. She is now eating: sweet potatoes, squash, peas, green beans, applesauce and wheat cereal. We are not allowed to eat: Rice cereal, bananas, or carrots. That is a list way too long of "not allowed to's" for a 7month old. Oh well.
I am almost done with student teaching, which means more free time, but also that I have to really look into jobs. If you hear of teaching positions opening up, I'm licensed for grades K-6!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE love love the family photo! Wish I could have been there, stinking ski season. =) And, Love the picture of Aidie pulling on the beard, Ella loves guys with beards (thanks to all of the guys in the shop having one!) So I'm looking forward to Santa pictures. Back to my point though, in that picture she has what I like to call "Florence Henderson" hair. Ella has it too and she looks like Florence Henderson in the Brady Bunch Era. Hahaha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! It cracks me up all the time! The bearded man is my uncle Ted and he is quite proud of the fuzz.
    I can't wait to take Aidie to see Santa and can't wait to see Ella's pictures too :-) Christmas will be so fun. Hoping to see you all soon so we can get a COMPLETE family photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo of Aiden is beautiful! I love it!! She's getting so big

    ReplyDelete