Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fall Festivities!


SOOOOOO much has happened these past couple of weeks. As my student teaching ends, I find I'm more busy and yet getting things done more quickly. Does that make sense? I am definitely going to miss student teaching. As unsure as I was of kindergarten, I have really grown to love these kids and even to feel fairly competent in a kindergarten setting! And we all thought it would never happen... Emmaly? Teach kindergarten? Ha! And yet I have and I think have had lots of great experience, learned and taught a lot, and feel like I can really do this now! I still have a ton of learning to do, but who doesn't. I'm so excited for the things I will take away from this. I could not have been luckier in my placement.
As for Aidie:
We had a fantastic first Halloween. We carved a pumpkin- she does NOT like gooey pumpkin guts! She was excited, stuck her hand in, grabbed some and promptly dropped it back in (after looking from me to Dan like what the heck did you let me do that for?).
We went to ZooBoo for Halloween and I think we will make this an annual affair. Not too much candy, but lots of fun for the kids. We got some cute pictures and got to have Kathy come with us. I know it will be something that we will look back on often with fond memories.
Aidie went to her first Marching Band competition to see uncle Matt's band (and the high school of mommy's student teaching corporation) perform. Edgewood got second place and did very well I think! Aidie was fussy with all of the excitement, but we did get to see some of it.
To end the post we have some not quite so great news, but it will be better in the end. We will be taking Aiden up to Riley hospital soon for testing. PLEASE WARNED! THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS INFORMATION CLOSELY LINKED WITH TMI (TOO MUCH INFORMATION).
As most of you know, Aidie has had digestive issues from birth. She hasn't had a normal bowel movement without the aid of laxative ever. We recently tried her without laxative as our pediatrician had said once she started moving and eating solids to try. This has end in an even worse condition than when she started. More and more difficult stools each time, the last of what we are considering the terrible progression being one she couldn't pass on her own. I had to physically help her. It was awful. Blood, due to fissures and now unable to pass stool without laxative. So... the pediatrician's office is making her an appointment with Riley ASAP. The doctor we spoke to today said that Aidie is actually a candidate for testing for Herschsprungs Disease, owing to the fact that she had difficult passing the meconium after birth. It is a really serious condition that can only be fixed by surgically removing part of the diseased colon. Why everyone has failed to mention or do anything about this before is beyond me... really? The other doctor's didn't realize? Or do you just consider us incompetent, overly concerned parents that have absolutely no idea what we are talking about? My mother was the only one to even mention this before today! Okay enough rant. Any way... So we will hopefully have an appointment soon and will figure all of this out as soon as we can! We will appreciate all the prayers, positive thoughts and good vibes you can spare.
To note, she is still doing everything else normally. We have tried lots of different foods
Likes: Applesauce, Sweet potatoes, bananas and squash
Dislikes: Carrots and Peas (choked and puked for both... so it's not just my cooking!)
We are no longer feeding her rice cereal or bananas (even though she loved them) as they will just make her constipation worse.
She has added "mama" intensively to her vocabulary now. So she is saying: Bye, Hi, J.J., Dada, and Mama. Much else to follow soon I'm sure! Yes, she is saying in context some times, although she did call Dan "mama" today... that was hysterical!

4 comments:

  1. Love her little jammies! Keeping you guys in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We'll take all we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang doctors! aiden will be fine, mama. prayers, prayers prayers! oh, and i like the caina-aiden-butt-sniffing pic. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Thanks! I couldn't resist adding that pic.

    ReplyDelete