Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 28

Week 28 apparently means the recurrence of an old enemy, Nasal Congestion! I've had a cold/sinus issue that has come back every month for the last three months (I guess we can blame pregnancy for that). So, it's back in spades. The doctor told me to take a Z-pack and hopefully that will get rid of it. My cousin Jessie has suggested I try some essential oils in a steam bowl and visualize healing light surrounding me. Two different and hopefully effective methods and I don't care which works as long as this goes away! I also have a Neti pot coming my way on Monday. If it's not cleared up by then, I think I'm going to need it! Hopefully this will all be gone very soon. I'm going to look at homes in Bedford with my friend Natasha tomorrow and Tuesday with Dan (as well as our next Dr. Appt!). We have dinner plans for Monday with Sara and Nick and I'm trying to arrange a get together with a couple of girlfriends later in the week. Please pray for my health, so that my life can resume at full speed! I'm getting tired of taking time off of work! Plus I don't want to have to reschedule another childbirth class. I was so sad to cancel this past week :-( But Bloomington Hospital labor and delivery are REALLY strict on who can even be in the ward. Did you know that they throw burning crosses and holy water at people who come in when they're sick?
Life hasn't been all head cold though. Dan and I got to watch Aiden doing some acrobatics in utero yesterday. She was VERY active! Before Dan got home, I watched my belly move on its own for a full 30sec. which is a record! Dan came home and got to see a little bit too. Maybe she'll still be in the mood for some major movements on Sunday and the family can see it too! Some friends at work have been hoping to feel a kick. Mindy got to feel one the other day, but poor Ina has been out of luck. Maybe next week she'll be up for some dancing time while I'm at work! When you work at a daycare for young children, everyone loves a pregnant belly :-)
Celebration Memo: I think we finally have a date set for the baby shower! Please clear Saturday, March 6,2010 on your calendars! I'm not sure about time yet (early afternoon, probably). But it will be a grand time and I can't wait to see all of you! It will be here in Bloomington. So hopefully that will make travel easy for most of you. We tried to find a place in the middle and since it's my apartment complex's clubhouse, it makes travel EXTREMELY easy for me, which will be nice since I'll only be about a month from delivery at that point.
Wow! I can't believe it's getting so close! I think I only have 80 days from today. Isn't that crazy!?! Aiden will be here before we know it and I don't feel very prepared... hopefully that will change as we get more settled and get the major nursery furniture put together. I can take care of a baby, no problem, but it will be a lot off of my mind once we have everything together and ready to go.
Well, as a sentimental send off for this blog, my father has informed on his birthday (He's the big 53 today!), when my 53rd birthday comes around, my little girl singing to me will definitely be a highlight. It's always nice to know that I can make his day. I can't wait for my little girl to do the same thing :-)
Now that we're done crying, onto the belly pictures!


Front of the belly. As awkward as weight comments generally are, I got a rather nice one the other day. A friend told me that I looked so nice with my growing belly. I haven't gained the
"girl baby weight". So it just leaves me with a cute, albeit obviously growing belly. It's always nice to hear that I'm a cute pregnant lady :-)













From the side, in the "Oh my aching back" pose.














From the side, in the "tender mother" pose











Mommy view: I think Caina was feeling a little left out. So she wanted to be in the picture too!










*When is your due date? April 12, 2010

*What week are
you in? 28 weeks

*How much weight have you gained? Up 12lbs.

*Do you know the gender of your baby? If so, what? GIRL!

*Do you have a name picked out? What? Aiden Ryelle

*Maternity clothes? They make things so much easier

*Stretch Marks? I think some of them might be fading... most likely wishful thinking...

*How are you feeling right about now? stuffy

*Have you felt the baby move? Oh yes! She's a very active little girl. I think we'll be seeing feet and elbows before long :-)

*Sleep habits? Still not going so great. With the congestion, it just makes it worse. I keep waking up feeling like I haven't slept at all.

*Any food cravings? fried chicken. yes, I know it's not good for me...

*Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore? I don't think I'll ever be able to eat babaganoush again

*Memorable Moment of the Week: Watching those amazing acrobatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment