Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dr. Appt.

We had our six month check up yesterday morning. We got all of our questions answered (Yes. Those were Braxton Hicks contractions I was feeling) and had a fairly normal visit. Aiden's heartbeat was at a healthy 140-150 bpm, which is good! From now on, we'll be going to the doctor's office every two weeks for check ups.
Downside to the visit:
This was the week that my glucose testing was to be done. Although the blood draw was the least painful of my life, the phone call I got later that day wasn't so great. Not only am I anemic, which means I have to start taking iron supplements, my glucose results came back abnormal.
So we went to the hospital first thing this morning to do a more extensive glucola testing. This involved sitting in the lab for four hours, being stuck with lots of needles, and having to drink something way worse than the original glucose drink (twice the sugar!). I had to have my blood drawn every hour for four hours. We brought lots of stuff to do, but I ended up being sick from the drink. Headache, nausea, fatigue. So I slept the whole time while Dan sat next to me and read a book (he's so good for going with me). We should have the results by Friday. So we would definitely appreciate prayers, good vibes, and encouraging thoughts while we await the results.
Hopefully they will come back normal. If not, it will mean that I have gestational diabetes. This means a greater possibility of complications (high birth weight, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, etc) and a lot more monitoring and frequent dr. visits.
Like I said, hopefully it will all turn out to be nothing. But at least we'll know what to be prepared for come delivery time.
I'll write the regular weekly post tomorrow, but must be off to bed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment