Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Week 20 means we're halfway there and having a GIRL!

Yes. If you have heard the wonderful news, you already know. If you haven't here it is: WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!
I'm so excited and could not be happier. I think I would feel this way regardless of gender, but I'm ecstatic none-the-less. Dan and I have noticed our faces are starting to hurt due to all the smiling we've been doing over the last couple of days. Just knowing that we are having a little girl makes everything even more real. We can call our baby "her", "she", or "Aiden Ryelle" instead of "it" or "the baby".
We have decided to name her Aiden Ryelle, hence the previous notation. We always loved Aiden for a little girl (even though it is typically a boy's name. YES! WE KNOW!). And we've been scouring for a middle name to go with it when I found Ryelle in a book I was reading and just though it sounded so pretty, plus the character was described as beautiful, elegant, and everything to be admired (perfect for the little girl we're sure to have, right?). We looked up the meaning of the full name and found out that together it means "little fire on the rye hill". So let's hope she doesn't become a pyro! LOL. Though with the boys in the family determined to turn her into a little tomboy, I think that there is little chance of her escaping that fate.
Our ultrasound went wonderful (pictures to come on Monday, I hope, when I can get them scanned at my mommy's office). Little Aiden was apparently very comfy on her belly throughout most of the ultrasound. The technician actually had trouble getting to her to move from her cozy spot for different shots! Everything is developing very well and she is right on schedule for an April 12th delivery! She weighed in at 12ounces, which the baby sites say is above average, but the doctor says is completely normal. Her brain, heart, and bones are all formed very well. And she is drinking her amniotic fluid like a big girl! She had some in her stomach during the ultrasound and seemed to be taking in more, owing to the fact that she had her mouth open pretty much the whole time we were looking at her. Hopefully we'll have a good eater on our hands! We have also determined, from what we saw, that she is going to have my nose and Dan's forehead, but these seem to work for her as she is the cutest little 20week old fetus we've ever seen (not to be biased or anything!).
My check up went well. I'm still losing weight, but not as much as before (only half a pound this last month). I'm also taking iron supplements now, because I've been craving meat. The doctor says that this shows a significant iron deficiency, since I've previously been a vegetarian with no issues. So I'm eating a little poultry and taking iron pills. Yippee.
Well, here are the latest belly pics (note, these are after Thanksgiving!):




I actually thought to smile for once!





















Though I suppose, I've been smiling non-stop for about 72hrs.










And the front. Not exactly the most flattering. I blame the combination of bulky sweater and oddly designed preggo pants.








*When is your due date?
April 12, 2010, Still dead on!


*What week are you in? 20 weeks

*How much weight have you gained? Now at +1/2lb

*Do you know the gender of your baby? If so, what? A beautiful little GIRL!

*Do you have a name picked out? What? Aiden Ryelle and YES WE KNOW AIDEN IS TYPICALLY A BOY'S NAME!

*Who is going to be with you during delivery? Dan and my parents (between the three of them, I know things will go the way I want them to go)


*Maternity clothes? Yep! Old clothes out, maternity clothes in!


*Stretch Marks? Maybe the lotion is working, maybe the lotion is not working, maybe I'm just hopeful.

*How are you feeling right about now? It's getting harder to get up and down and bend over. Curse my incredibly short torso!

*Have you felt the baby move? Every day! She's shocking the doctors!


*Sleep habits? Sleeping on my sides hurts too much now, so I'm taking leave from the doctor to lay on my back if I want until 28 weeks.

*Any food cravings? Apples and string cheese and poultry!

*Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore? I'm really having to watch my sugar intake. It gives me heartburn :-(

*Memorable Moment of the Week: WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL! I still can't stop smiling :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is so awesome that you guys are having a little girl also!
    Haha, and from about 15-24 weeks I craved Apples and String cheese. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. LOL. Maybe the apples and string cheese is a girl thing? Know anybody else who had a girl and craved that?

    ReplyDelete