Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 15

I've definitely felt some more movement this week, most of it right after I got home from Rachel's baby shower, finally a little more flutter toward the middle. I guess there is something about visiting Dan's family that really gets this baby going :-)
I've also felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions. I don't care what the professionals say. Those are NOT pain free. I had one hit me so hard that I couldn't move for about 15 seconds. Every time I tried to readjust myself (sitting on the couch) it hurt way worse until I sat back down. It really freaked me out. I wasn't sure what was going on until I did a little research on pregnancy pains. They came off and on throughout the rest of the day, but nothing like the first. I'm hoping that doesn't become a regular on my body's party schedule.
My lack of appetite is starting to become a bit of a concern to both Dan and myself. I'm losing a lot of hair and not gaining anywhere near the weight I'm supposed to (I've only gained about a pound this last month!). I don't feel like I'm skimping on meals or skipping meals, but I'm not eating as much as I used to (which wouldn't be a bad thing, except that I'm supposed to be getting an EXTRA 300 calories now). Thankfully we have another doctor appointment this coming Tuesday. I'm sure the doctor will have some suggestions.
On a cuter note: Dan and I have started reading and singing to the baby! Hopefully it will find some comfortable familiarity after it's born with our voices, familiar songs and stories :-)


I have cleaned the mirror in the bathroom this week. So, the pictures should be crystal clear!












This is the only pair of pants that I can still fit into comfortably. I have a pair of jeans that are almost too snug for comfort. I guess it's time to seriously look at maternity pants.

This Week's Fun Facts:
*When is your due date? April 12, 2010

*What week are you in? 15 weeks

*How much weight have you gained? Maybe 2lbs. It varies A LOT depending on when I eat and what clothes I'm wearing.

*Do you know the gender of your baby? If so, what? Still thinking it will be a boy. I keep dreaming about having a little boy.

*Do you have a name picked out? What? Boy: Kellen Daniel, Girl: I think we are more settled on Aiden than any other name.

*Who is going to be with you during delivery? Dan


*Maternity clothes? Still just the belly band, but I'm wearing mostly skirts and dresses now. They are just SO much more comfortable. I'm also on the way to getting a winter cape made with a lot of help from Kathy.


*Stretch Marks? Still the same ones. Dark on the ends.

*How are you feeling right about now? Pretty good! No aches today!

*Have you felt the baby move? Yes! He or she gets a little more active all the time :-)

*What is the latest thing you bought for baby? Still nothing much, but we did start cleaning up the nursery!

*Sleep habits? I officially no longer sleep on my tummy. So sad!

*Any food cravings? I still love apples! I think I may make smoothies and muffins later!

*Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?No, but I did really want a steak burger from Steak n Shake the other day! What's a vegetarian to do!

*Memorable Moment of the Week: Increasing movement! Reading aloud to the baby (babies will recognize voices, music, etc. from their time spent in the womb after birth).

2 comments:

  1. hey is that another one of my shirts that I gave you? I have one in Canada (Biruk stole it, now I can't find it) but I'm sure that I used to have two of them (don't ask why I had two of the exact same shirts).
    I'm happy for you! But loosing hair is a strange thing, you should probably ask your doc about that one.
    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I think I stole that Taylor shirt from you about six years ago and love it so much (it is the comfiest shirt ever).
    Dr. appt tomorrow. So I'll update with all the weird questions I'll be asking and the answers I get.

    ReplyDelete