Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 13!

Well, this has definitely been a week for steady progression to a positive end. MEANING: The morning sickness is finally what it's called (MORNING sickness) instead of all day, I'm getting some good energy spurts (which hopefully means I'll be able to run the vacuum and scrub the apartment soon), and I actually feel like being sociable with everyone again. Which is good because Dan and I are going to Indy to see Lilly and Jim Saturday evening, Covered Bridge festival in Parke County with my parents on Sunday (hopefully we'll find some cute baby stuff!), and Dinner at Dan's cousin Sara's on Monday! I'm so excited to go out and see and do. I feel like I've been cramped up for a decade. Dan has been so good through all of this. Abiding my every whim with VERY little complaining. He's been so understanding about everything. What would I do without him? Probably be a little less spoiled, but as you're here to read about the baby, we'll move on.
I've been telling everyone that's asked how I am that I feel like a Stretch Armstrong toy. You remember those. Came out in the late 70s, really popular in the mid/late 90s. Only I'm being stretched around the middle instead of the legs and arms. I had a few good hours of steady round ligament pain one day this week. So even if it's hard to believe, the little wisling is DEFINITELY growing in there!
Other developments: I've started having occasional sciatic nerve pain, which is new for me, but runs in my family and apparently shows up commonly in pregnancy. Dan has now been counseled in the art of helping to ease the pain. It's helps A LOT! I'm also going for a prenatal massage tomorrow. I've heard good things. I'm hoping that will ease up some of these early aches (and maybe help with the residual morning sickness too).
On a more positive note (or at least I think it is), while my belly has been growing, the rest of me has been slimming which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm not sure if you can tell by the top pic, but my face is definitely more defined than before. I'm excited about that little development! I'm not actually behind on the weight gain train. So baby is just fine with me slimming down some of those previous chunky areas.
More good news! We have new copies of our first trimester ultrasound photos!
The baby is difficult to see. But these pictures were taken at 7weeks. So by now the baby has grown a lot more. However, these will hopefully give you an idea of what's to come. The round open circle is the yolk sac and the little peanut is the baby to be!










And here are the weekly belly shots:












I absolutely love this shirt! It is so comfy. Thank you Ellen for the awesome sweater!


The mirror is really dirty! Sorry.













*When is your due date? April 12, 2010

*What week are you in? 13 weeks

*How much weight have you gained? +1.5lbs

*Do you know the gender of your baby? If so, what? Not yet, but I really think it will be a boy. I just always have.

*Do you have a name picked out? What? Boy: Kellen Gabriel or Kellen Daniel
Girl: I really like Aiden or Maryanne (which would be tying to family) or something earthy (not moonunit though. Celebrities. *Bah


*Who is going to be with you during delivery? Dan


*Maternity clothes? Just a belly band, since I can't button any of my pants now and zipping is starting to become a challenge. Shirts are still fine though. I've got lots of roomy ones. Thank you return to 70s fashion.

*Stretch Marks?The ones I already had on my tummy are dark again (I did get big pretty fast) and I'm starting to get ones a little more north, which I SO dislike.

*How are you feeling right about now? Nausea in the morning, but energy in the evenings (Yeah!)

*Have you felt the baby move? It's doing all sorts of things in there, but all I'm feeling is the continual growth spurt!

*What is the latest thing you bought for baby? Not much, but my parents just said they bought a little surprise for him/her. So that's fun. Hoping to find some things at the Covered Bridge Festival!

*Sleep habits? I'm waking up all night, which isn't all together unusual, but more than normal. I'm having trouble getting comfortable. I've tried sleeping with 0,1,2 pillows, curled fetal, scissor legged, and on my tummy (which isn't going to be possible for too much longer). Nothing has worked. So I'm still looking for that restful spot.

*Any food cravings? I still love apples!

*Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?Nothing new. Still all the stuff from before though.

*Memorable Moment of the Week: Making plans to see friends and family! Stopping in at work and everyone being excited about my growing tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment