Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Circuses are not my thing

Said my rather grumpy 6-year-old on our way home that night. As an added mention- circuses are not  my "thing" either- considering all the animal cruelty issues that are connected with these traveling fairs. However, this one was small, run by Shriners, and okayed  by the school system. The girls had never been, so I thought we'd give it a go. Aiden said camel and elephant rides were too bumpy and the lack of death defying acts was disappointing (my interpretation, as she only enjoyed the caged motorcyclists that made all my mother instincts seize up with terror). Annie, however, loved the elephants. I mean LOVED them! She stood at the rope the entire intermission just to watch them walk around. I wasn't willing to let her touch or ride, considering she's not yet two (imagine an elephant getting yanked on. Can anyone say circus emergency fast enough!?!), but she was mesmerized by them. The zoo is going to be fun this year!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment