Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Survey Fun... Though Dan says I have to find a Thanksgiving one too...

Oh Rachel. How I love to steal fun stuff from you! Holiday Survey Fun!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? This question makes me sad. I can do hot chocolate any time, any day. Egg Nog is a yummy treat that I can no longer partake in. Boo allergies to egg :(

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? All presents are wrapped except for stocking gifts. Stocking gifts are mostly unwrapped... unless Santa gets wrapping happy :)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Those that know me, know I LOVE white lights. They are so classy and pretty and remind me of ice crystals. Of course Dan loves colored ones, so we put those outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes. We always hang something.

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as Dan lets me. So usually Thanksgiving day or earlier if I can!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oh, toughy! I LOVE oriental salad and stuffing and mashed potatoes. All together. Yes. I'm a little strange.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Reading the Max Lucado Nativity Story. It was always my favorite.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 7. On the bus. Mindy Morris, you made me cry. But if you're reading this, it's really okay. I had to accept the truth at some point.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Christmas Jammies!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I'm a traditionalist. I would do all balls and old fashioned Christmas ornaments if I could. Dan likes to pack it full of everything. So it usually ends up a mix and match. Someday, I will have two trees!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?I love snow until New Years Day. Then, it should be spring.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Thank you Dan!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It was definitely slicky slide (or was that a birthday present?) Regardless, it was awesome.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting together with family, even if you don't normally see them very often.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Grasshopper pie. MMMMMmmmm...

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love that we open Christmas Jammies on Christmas Eve. Oh and the stockings. Homemade stockings for all in my family. From the same pattern. So they all kind of go together. It's sweet. My favorite!

17. What tops your tree? Depends on my mood, but I'm partial to stars.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? It's all about the giving :)

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I don't eat hard candy. Nothing against candy canes... but they are lumped into that group.

20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? Another something to make me hated. I HATE Christmas movies. Ellen used to make me watch "It's a Wonderful Life" EVERY YEAR (I love you anyway!). I wouldn't have done that for anyone else...

21. What is your favorite Christmas song? So many: Carol of the Bells, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, We Three Kings and Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel to name a few (If you can't tell, I love minor key music!)


Play along friends! Fill out your own Holiday survey and let me know so I can check out your answers! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment